Monday, October 6, 2008

State of Electro 2008




To kick off my contributions to the cheetah lovefest I present to you a mix of the hottest of the hot: ELECTRO. This movement, fueled by the unstoppable energy of the French dance scene superstars such as Justice, Daft Punk and Sebastian, represents the inevitable reemergence of disco sensibilities through the fusion of electronic and more guitar based rock. While electro's home is certainly the dance floor, this sythesis has created some of the most intense, energetic and driving music being produced today.

While this mix may not represent the newest electro music available, it is certainly some of the most essential. Beginning with the a celebration of that most essential life-blood of electro in the form of the "ecstasy trilogy" and moving directly into some of the most fantastically hedonistic dance music ever created, these songs are the absolute pinnacle of one of the greatest genres to emerge in the last decade.


State of Electro 2008


Boys Noize - "& Down"
Thieves Like Us - "Drugs In My Body"
Soulwax - "E-Talking"
Boys Noize - "Let's Buy Happiness"

Justice - "D.A.N.C.E. (MSTRKRFT Remix)"

Simian Mobile Disco - "Tits & Acid"
Justice - "DVNO"

Digitalism - "I Want I Want"

Daft Punk - "Around The World/Harder, B
etter, Faster, Stronger"
Mylo - "Musclecar Reform Reprise"
MGMT - "Electric Feel"

Justice - "Waters of Nazareth"

Danger - "Revolte at 22h10"

Justice - "Phantom Pt 3 Ghettoruckus Remix"

Kavinsky - "Testarossa (SebastiAn Remix)"

Bloc Party - "Halo"

3 comments:

Cedar said...

I am dancing alone to your electro playlist drunk in my room. Thank you for making my night supreme! I love you!

Agent Jellie said...

You have no idea how happy this makes me!

tehtopo said...

Easter Egg has a great remix of Drugs in My Body on his Lemonade '07 album... It's called "Waiting for You"

PS Excellent playlist! You guys fucking rule!