Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pillage (France Strikes Back)




I've been in a bit of an electro drought lately. I freaked out on it for a while and then slowly slowly everything started to lose it's luster. And then today happened.

Pillage.

From Valerie of course. From France of course. And something out of Toulouse for once!!

Basically, I love every Valerie artist. They all share a very similar aesthetic - an aesthetic that I really see carrying the electro banner in the future. Pillage shares bits of that aesthetic, but in a much more accessible way. It's just a tad more clubby. It's just a tad more punchy. It's just a tad more... nineties. A small deviation for Valerie, but certainly not in the wrong direction.

I love it. It's three in the morning and I want to dance.

Pillage (MS) - Okay

No comments: