Friday, April 17, 2009

Mazes



Occasionally, I'll decide to listen to a band based solely on the band name and/or album title.

It's been a long time since I was so lucky to find something worth listening too...

Mazes - Mazes

It's not quite lo-fi (mid-fi??), a little folky, and bleeding independent from every pore. They are from Chicago. 'They' are Caroline Donovan, Edward Anderson, Charles D’Autremont, and miscellaneous members of some of Chicago's best bands. Each song, supposedly, was written and recorded 'on the spot, with beer.'

The album is simply perfect. So, check it out. Pretty please?

Mazes (MS) | I Have Laid In The Darkness of Doubt (MP3)

Buy their album on:
iTunes | Amazon | eMusic

1 comment:

Agent Jellie said...

Mazes Mazes Mazes...... I miss them. You should burn me a copy.