Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Local Natives @ The Empyrean in Spokane!!!

Actually, contra Keegan's post directly below, I haven't JUST been couchsurfing of late. I might have just gotten the last two tickets to the very first sold out show at what is quickly becoming one of my favorite venues, The Empyrean, in my hometown of Spokane, WA. From my vantage point in the VIP balcony (yeah, the one for players like me who know both the owners), I get to sneak through a secret door (which I call "Narnia") from a DIFFERENT, LESS COOL balcony and basically sit directly over the stage...which is exponentially more awesome when I bring my camera...

...AND IT'S EVEN MORE AWESOME WHEN THE FUCKING LOCAL NATIVES DEFY REASON AND PLAY SPOKANE!!! That's right fuckerz, for this week, I'm cooler than ya'll, because I got to see the L.A. indie folk upstarts play in my own backyard...and I sat close enough to touch the head of the bass player (I didn't touch him. Things might have gotten weird between us. I feel like we had a connection when we locked eyes before their set.) Anyway, here's some pics. Enjoy!








The show rocked, btw. I didn't have the money on me to snag their record on vinyl...but seeing as they're playing Sasquatch this weekend, I think I just might be able to swing that shizzit. In the meantime, if you haven't gotten into this band, fuck you, here are links:

Local Natives - OS|MS

No comments: