Sunday, March 28, 2010

Jon Hopkins


Jon Hopkins is yet another in a long line of British electronic artists that I have come to enjoy. I discovered him, much like probably way too many other people did, because at some point I listened to the new(est) Coldplay album, Viva la Vida, and then later discovered that the only part of the album I really liked was really just a collaboration between Coldplay and Jon Hopkins (namely, the loop that is used both to open and close the album). And by collaboration, I mean sampling, because it's really just a clip that the band took from the full Jon Hopkins track "Light Through The Veins," which would later become the centerpiece around which his own 2009 release Insides was built. Well, I had discovered that track almost a year ago, but I had never thought to get the full Jon Hopkins album. That was a mistake, because it's fucking good. Why this guy doesn't get more attention is beyond me; Insides was actually his third album. Here's what you're missing out on:


Jon Hopkins - OS|MS


Jon Hopkins - "Second Sense"

No comments: