Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Marsmobil


I give you Marsmobil. They're a German lounge/psychedelic duo that you would be wise to check out. While I love me some French banger shiz just as much as the next...Keegan...every once in a while it's just time to sit back, wear something straight out of a Sean Connery-era James Bond film (or at least imagine that you're that cool), drink a fucking martini, bust out your shag-pad, and listen to some sweet, sweet electronic vermouth. Want an olive with that? I hope you like them stuffed...

Seriously. You will never feel more suave. Your life will revert back to technicolor, and you will wonder why we ever abandoned 60s block font (and the pop art furniture!!!). I mean, I went for the longest time thinking that these two were French. They sure cover their tracks well in their music. But alas no, they are German...and somehow manage never, ever to sound like it. But really, I don't think it really matters where they're from when they can bust out tracks like these:


Unlike Caribou, Marsmobil embraces the shtick...and doesn't give a fuck because the shtick is sometimes just the shit the doctor ordered. You know it, and they know it, and they know you know it.

Their most recent album, Minx, was released in 2007, and it's awesome. Don't take my word for it. Even the music videos are awesome (and awesomely German and weird):


Their next effort, entitled (Why Don't You Take) The Other Side?, is dropping this April. I can't wait. Oh wait, yes I can, because right now I'm a suave, martini-drinking, Foucault-reading pop-art-viewing motherfucker...and I have all the time in the world.


No comments: