Friday, February 12, 2010

The Pipettes New Single/What Happened to The Pipettes?



So The Pipettes released a new single and music video, which is all well and good, it sounds pretty much like you would expect it to, maybe it lacks some of the hooks of their older stuff, but hey, what can you do, its got a nice little guitar riff in the middle, right? So I head over to their wikipedia page and - what the fuck? Who are these chicks? The Pipettes have lost almost their entire original lineup. The only one I kind of remember is Gwenno - but according to wikipedia she wasn't even a part of the original lineup! What is this shit? I guess I was always aware The Pipettes were more of a project of the largely invisible backing band but damn. Sad.

Anyways, here it is, plus my own personal favorite...

The Pipettes - WS|MS





No comments: